Tuesday 30 June 2015

Review: Together apart by Natalie Martin

Book cover

When Adam proposes to Sarah, the last thing he expects is to be single and heartbroken less than forty-eight hours later. But Sarah has a secret, and she's willing to sacrifice everything to keep it.


Going through a break-up is hard enough but having to live together afterwards is even worse, especially when it's a break-up neither person wants. For Adam, only ways to deal with it are drinking and partying. For Sarah, it’s keeping her distance and her secrets.


Against a backdrop of lies, betrayals and passion, the delicate threads holding Sarah's secret begin to unravel when her past and present collide. Romantic, intense and heartbreaking, Together Apart explores what it really means to love and be loved.


My Thoughts:

I love a good puzzle so heartily enjoyed this book about passion, secrets and lies by omission. All brought to a head when past and present collide.  Having enjoyed it so much I was surprised to see some harsh reviews on Amazon. 


What I loved about this book was its originality which kept me guessing until the end. It had a way of pulling you in and being anxious to solve the puzzle I found it very hard to put down. It was certainly different too from other books I've read and was an easy and pleasant read. It is this easy style which makes it a perfect holiday read.

It is really hard to say more without revealing any clues but I thought the pieces of the puzzle fitted together well. Whilst some other readers may dismiss it as dull or find the secret unrealistic I can only that add that this is a work of fiction. Stranger things can and have happened in life. I have no idea what inspired this novel but I wonder myself if it could have been a newspaper clipping.

Recommended as light or holiday reading.

(Review copy received via NetGalley in return for an honest review.)

  • Format: Kindle Edition
Publisher: Lake Union Publishing (23 Jun. 2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment